During the summer months, it’s quite common for your attic to reach unbearably hot temperatures. Heat rises, and when it gets forced out of the lower levels in your home, it simply moves up. For those of you who use your attic often, the heat can be unbearable. Even if you only use your attic for storage, you should aim for the space to remain at a lower temperature.
Power attic ventilators are a common solution, but it’s likely that they are sucking up more energy and air than they should. For an energy efficient attic cooling method with zero operating costs, you should consider a solar-powered attic fan installation.
How Do Solar-Powered Attic Fans Work?
After they are installed, these fans work to pull the heat directly out of your attic. Common attic ventilators tend to suck up as much air as they can in this process. This often results in cool air from the lower levels of your home being sucked up and pushed out. When you’re running the AC in your home, you’re paying for its running cost. Why would you want the cool air you pay for to be wasted and sucked right back outside?
Solar-powered attic fans, as their name states, are powered by the sun. The panel is installed on your roof and powers the ventilation below. Because they are so effective, they can lower the temperature in your attic by as much as 50 degrees.
How Solar-Powered Attic Fans Benefit Your Home
- Reduced moisture. This helps to prevent mold, mildew, and other sorts of materials that could thrive in a hot and damp attic.
- Reduced cost. These models literally power themselves – they cost you nothing other than installation and maintenance over time.
- Easy installation. Solar attic fans come fully assembled and installation typically takes an hour. You could have your system working in just a day! No electrical hookup is needed to power them.
- Number. You only need one fan to power your entire attic. The solar panel even works in inclement weather to cool down your attic when you need it the most.
- Year-round use. Solar-powered attic fans work in every climate and they can be used all year.
- Roof protection. When moisture sneaks in through your roof, it compromises it. Materials can rot quickly when subjected to prolonged moisture. A solar fan keeps the moisture and heat out, ensuring your roof a long lifespan.
Now that you know all the ways a solar-powered attic fan can benefit you, what are you waiting for? Gold Star Service is ready to help you with your installation. To keep your attic cool this summer, call us today!