Summertime is on the horizon. You may have the swimming pool open and air conditioning on full blast, but you also need to make sure your residential plumbing in Wantagh, NY is ready to go for the season. Plumbing problems can be overlooked during the summer compared to, say, air conditioning failure but they can prove just as essential to your overall level of comfort in your home. Leaky pipes, overflowing toilets, and drain clogs can still be just as prevalent as ever.
Gold Star Service is here to help you with any need you need met with residential plumbing in Wantagh, NY. We have a wide range of service designed to keep your home free of plumbing problems. And even better, our team of plumbers are more than willing to provide you with insight on how you can better your plumbing system just in time for the season. When you’re looking for fun in the sun this summer with plumbing problems far from your mind, the team at Gold Star Service can help make that possible.
Residential Plumbing in Wantagh, NY: How Can It Help?
In addition to our services, please take the following actions to ensure that your plumbing system is ready to go for the season ahead:
- Check Toilets: You need to make sure your toilet is flushing. If the toilet handle needs to be held down or jiggled in order to operate properly, it’s a sign you have old parts in need of replacement. Parts are relatively inexpensive to replace, so they won’t be too much of a financial strain. Besides, who wants to spend their summer dealing with toilet problems?
- Drain Water Heater Tank: Summer is the perfect season to drain your water heater tank. The water inside the tank may have been impacted by a buildup of sediment soon to affect water quality and even the damage the water heater itself. Draining and replacing the water from the tank is not only the best way to ensure cleaner water, but also to extend the lifespan of your water heater.
- Check for Pipe Leaks: Leak detection is one of the most important things to do this season to save money. You can identify pipe leaks due to the following: damp walls and floors, stained ceilings, higher water bills, musty odors, etc. Call a plumber at Gold Star Service for further inspection and leak repair.
- Turn down Water Heater Temperature: While you still need hot water in your home, even during the hottest weather of the year, turning the temperature of your water heater down a few notches can keep you from spending more on energy bills as it guarantees your water heater won’t work as hard to produce hot water.
- Call for Professional Maintenance: It is recommended that you call for professional plumbing maintenance at least once a year, and Gold Star Service should be your first choice in getting it done. Our plumbers can inspect all of your plumbing fixtures and fix any problems they encounter. If you haven’t done so yet in 2016, please call for maintenance so you’ll avoid plumbing problems later in the year.
Contact Gold Star Service today if you want to learn more about residential plumbing in Wantagh, NY this summer!