Energy efficiency starts with your equipment. In order to keep cool and comfortable all summer long, your central AC needs to be working safely and proficiently. Lack of maintenance or a damaged cooling system can lead to a range of problems throughout your home, as well as a hot, uncomfortable environment for you and your family. Whether you’re in need of repair, maintenance, replacement, or installation, you’re in good hands with Gold Star Service.
Benefits of Central Air Conditioning
Do you know all of the ways that having a central air conditioning system can benefit you? If you’re looking for a replacement cooling system this year, here are a few things to consider:
- Convenience. A central cooling system delivers air directly into your home through your ducts and vents. This allows each room to be cooled, instead of one room from a smaller unit.
- Air quality. With a central AC system, the air is pushed through a filter that removes impurities and debris. It’s important for your air quality to be clean at all times, so the filter helps to protect it.
- Consistency. Because your thermostat is hardwired into the AC system, your entire home will be kept effortlessly cool. Each room will have a consistent temperature with central cooling.
- Less noise. Window AC’s can be pretty noisy. A central air system’s working parts are located outdoors, so the noise is barely noticeable.
- Space. Because the unit is located outside, you won’t have any clunky units taking up space in your home.
- Ease. Central air systems are incredibly easy to operate. Most systems can be programmed to run and turn off at certain times and at certain temperatures.
- Dual heating and cooling. Certain packaged units have both heating and cooling features so you can have year round comfort.
How Often Should Air Filters Be Replaced?
Ideally, you should check your filter every month. They can get dirty and clogged very quickly, which can lead to a major system malfunction. Here are some common factors that affect the air filters in your home:
- Type of filter
- AC model
- Number of pets
- Number of people living in your home
- Level of air pollution in the area you live
- Nearby construction
Be sure to call Gold Star Service if you feel like your air quality has diminished. A dirty filter can cause asthma symptoms to worsen as well as other breathing related issues to pop up. If you’re not sure of the last time yours was replaced, give us a call! We’ll let you know how your central AC’s filter is holding up.
Is Routine Maintenance Important?
To extend the life of your AC to the fullest, routine maintenance is absolutely necessary! Your central air system should be checked by a Gold Star Service expert at least twice a year. Not only does this help to extend the lifespan of your equipment, it allows for an in depth look at the inner workings of your central air system. Ducts, vents, filters, working parts – all of it can be examined and tuned up by our highly trained service experts. If there are any damages or areas of concern along your system, we can repair it for maximum efficiency in your home. If your system is old, outdated, or beyond repair, we can assist with replacement as well.
For all of your air conditioning needs, call Gold Star Services. We’ll keep you cool and comfortable all summer long!