If you’re a responsible homeowner, you make sure to keep all of your appliances in good repair. And of course, when you first purchase an appliance like a boiler, it only needs regular maintenance to keep it operating properly. Over time, however, it will start to show signs of wear and tear — and sometimes, you might need to call a plumber to have work done. But when to call is an important piece of information to have. So, keep an eye out for the following six signs that your boiler needs repair.
Signs You Need Boiler Repair or Replacement in Hempstead
- Unusual noises: Most boilers emit some sounds when in use — that’s normal. But when your boiler starts making a lot of noise or emitting unusual sounds, it’s time to pay attention. It could be something as simple as sediment building up in the pipes or something worse, like the failing of an important part.
- Unpleasant odor: If you notice a nasty smell (like sulfur or rotten eggs) coming from your boiler, it’s a sure sign that there’s something wrong with it. What you’re smelling is gas — and since a properly functioning appliance is calibrated to use a precise amount of gas, you should never actually smell it. So, if you do notice an unpleasant odor, don’t hesitate: Call your plumber immediately.
- Leaks: Older or broken appliances can leak either due to damage to the parts or a loosening of valves and joins on pipes. This can compromise the boiler’s performance. In addition, leaks can cause serious water damage to your home, even leading to mold and mildew growth.
- Slow to heat up: If the boiler starts to take longer than usual to heat up, it usually indicates that there’s something wrong with the heating mechanism.
- Fluctuating temperatures: When the water temperature fluctuates, it can mean there’s something wrong with the circulation or with the heating mechanism.
- Increasing energy bills: A boiler that isn’t functioning properly will consume more energy. If your energy bills are consistently rising, it could be a sign that your boiler needs a tune-up.
Call a Professional as Soon as Possible
If you notice any of these signs, it’s in your best interest to call a plumber as soon as possible. Waiting won’t solve any problems, because the truth is that your boiler needs repairs. What’s more: If you wait too long, your boiler will incur more wear and tear. This could drive up the repair bills or even mean that you have to install a completely new boiler.
Why Choose Gold Star Service?
When you call Gold Star Service for a maintenance visit, here’s some of what you can expect. During your boiler inspection we will:
- Check ensure that there aren’t any unsafe emissions being let off.
- Check the pressure of the boiler.
- Inspect the boiler controls to make sure everything is working properly.
- Visually inspect the boiler for leaks and corrosion.
- Test the functionality of every part to ensure that when we leave your home, you are left with a working boiler.
Check Out a Recent Steam Boiler Install Done By Gold Star Service in Hempstead!