A furnace service is absolutely essential at this time of year. The weather is really starting to cool down, and some of the coldest temperatures of the year are on their way. You need to make sure every last issue with your furnace is solved right before the freeze settles in. However, you may find yourself in a bit of conflict over what type of furnace service would be right for you, namely with furnace repair or replacement. Even if both services will ultimately leave you with better heating in your home, it may come at the cost of significant money loss. Imagine wasting thousands of dollars on a service you didn’t even really need. That situation is much more common than you may think at this time of year. Some homeowners will make the call for furnace replacement and spend up to $4,000 on a new system, only to learn that a few simple repairs would have been the better option. There is also the possibility of repeatedly calling for repairs on a furnace that is well beyond the point of fixing, allowing for repair bills to build up until you start struggling to pay them off. If you want to avoid both of these scenarios, take your needs into consideration before just throwing your money at just any heating service.
Why You Should Call for Gold Star Service
Gold Star Service is here to make that decision a little easier this fall with an excellent furnace service. We’ll be able to help get the service you need so you are not stuck in the cold or wasting any of your hard-earned money. Always feel free to consult with one of our dedicated heating technicians to determine what service would be best for you. Regardless if it’s repair or replacement, you can expect it to be high-quality. Our repairs are durable and long-lasting, ensuring you won’t have to call for repair service again any time soon. With our replacement services, you can expect a new model installed in your home quickly boasting more longevity and better heating system efficiency. Since your comfort this season is our goal, our technicians are always willing to go the extra mile for you. If it means keeping you from the freezing temperatures, we’re up for the challenge.
Repair or Replacement—What’s the Difference?
If you’re feeling conflicted, here is an overview of a few situations that will require repair instead of replacement, or vice versa:
- Your Furnace is Older than 10 Years: The average lifespan of a furnace today is 20 years. Remember that the older a furnace becomes, the more likely it is that you will need to seek repair. If your furnace has already aged past 10 years, these calls for repair will become much more common. And costly. Instead of wasting time on a failing furnace, you should consider replacing it to save long-term money. What Should You Get? Furnace Replacement.
- Clogged Furnace Filters: Blocked airflow from the furnace is usually due to dirty filters, making the system work harder to produce heat and increase the cost of your energy bills. Fortunately, this will only require a quick change from a heating technician at Gold Star Service to remedy the situation. You can also do your share by replacing filters once a month. What Should You Get? Furnace Repair.
- High Energy Costs: Are you noticing the cost of energy bills skyrocketing beyond belief even if there haven’t been changes in the furnace’s performance’? It is a sign that your furnace is losing its ability to produce efficient heat. If it proves too costly on bills, replacing the furnace with a new model may be the better choice. What Should You Get? Furnace Replacement.
- Thermostat Problems: Though faulty thermostats will provide an uneven distribution of heat in your home, it shouldn’t force you to replace the furnace. Maybe you will have to replace the thermostat, but definitely not the entire heating system. Having Gold Star Service fix the thermostat will allow for greater climate control in your home. What Should You Get? Furnace Repair.
- Improperly-Sized Systems: An improperly sized heating system will only result in frequent system breakdowns and cost more on energy bills. If this problem applies to you, please call Gold Star Service for a replacement. Our contractors will carefully inspect the area of installation to determine what size of system would be necessary for your home. What Should You Get? Furnace Replacement.
- Duct Cleaning: You should call for duct cleaning annually. Blocked ducts will both the damage the efficiency of your furnace and spread dust and other allergens through your home. It will also result in an uneven distribution of heat and poor furnace efficiency. Fortunately, all it will take is a quick inspection and cleaning of your ducts to get that efficiency back on track. What Should You Get? Furnace Repair.
Don’t Get Caught In The Cold – Schedule A Furnace Service Today
Contact Gold Star Services today if you expect your home to stay warm during the colder months thanks to our furnace service!