A heating contractor will be able to keep your warm this fall with high-quality installation, repair, and replacement. However, all too often, homeowners will wind up with a dishonest contractor who will not provide them with quality service. Don’t get us wrong; there are many great heating contractors out there. But you need to be careful that you don’t wind up choosing the wrong one. Without taking the necessary steps, you may hire a contractor who cannot offer high-quality installation and instead leave you with an improperly installed system more at risk for system breakdowns. They may also provide less-than-durable repairs that will force you to call repeatedly for repair services until the system is finally fixed. You also risk a greater likelihood that you will need to seek a heating system replacement and even then, a dishonest contractor may replace parts with used ones. There is a way around the scam artists, however, and you need to learn how before you spend money on the wrong service.
How Can Gold Star Service Help You?
Fortunately, Gold Star Service has the contractor just right for you. Our team is fully-trained and licensed to provide high-quality heating services. We should be your first choice for a heating system installation, repair, replacement, and so much more. With temperatures currently on their way down, you cannot afford to hire a contractor who won’t guarantee your 100% satisfaction. That’s why our contractors always go the extra mile to keep you happy. Ensuring your comfort this season is our top goal, and we’ll make sure this fall is your most comfortable to date. With our help, you can expect long-term savings on energy bills, extended lifespan for your heating systems, and safer operation preventing home heating fires. But you need to call now, or else your home may feel the sting during the fall and winter’s coldest nights.
7 Tips for Finding the Right Contractor
So, how do you know if you have hired the right heating contractor? The next time you want to make certain a technicians is legit, we recommend you consider the following:
- Options: Some contractors will conduct business with the boast that they may only do one thing but do it well. That may be true, but this will also put you at risk for buying a product or service you do not want. The best heating contractor will offer a wide range of service options. They don’t just specialize in one area either. They can offer installation, repair, replacement, and even annual heating maintenance. Always ask a contractor about their options before any work begins.
- Beware of Unnecessary Replacement: A contractor advising you to seek replacement when it’s clear all you need are a few repairs is an immediate red flag. It’s doubly concerning if they are offering it for a situation where repairs are not only possible, but likely to extend the life of an existing system. A reliable heating contractor will always make the necessary repairs because it both saves you money and can extend the lifespan of your system by years.
- Ask for Licensing: It is perfectly reasonable to ask for a contractors licensing before any work begins. Most contractors will happily provide you their qualifications, so beware of any that will shy away from the request. Several states also have databases available for you to check licensing and the qualifications needed to obtain a license, so that’s also worth considering.
- Background Checking: Many heating companies will background check technicians. This usually includes drug testing and criminal background checks. You need to make sure a heating contractor won’t be putting your family’s safety at risk when they are working in your home, so ask your local heating company on their background checking policy before hiring anyone.
- Internet Research: The Internet will prove to be your most reliable source of information when looking for the right contractor. Check a company’s Google, Facebook, and Yellow Page reviews before contacting them. If they have a website, you should be able to check out the range of services they can provide you.
- Check Their Years of Experience: A heating contractor with only a few years of experience may be ready and willing to provide service, but they may be more likely to make mistakes on the job. Instead, you may want to consider a technician with much more experience behind them so they will know how to handle even the toughest heating jobs.
- Customer Service: Above all else, you need a contractor who will be willing to do whatever it takes to ensure your needs are met. You don’t just want a contractor who will provide service and leave without making any attempt at being personable. The best heating contractors will offer warranties, rebates, annual maintenance packages, and service guarantees to establish a long-term relationship with the customer.
Let A Qualified And Reputable Heating Contractor From Gold Star Service Take Care Of Your Heating Needs Today
Contact Gold Star Service today if you want excellent service from a highly-qualified heating contractor!