Heating service should be considered the highest priority this winter if your heating system experiences a breakdown. If you have ever experienced a heating system breakdown in the midst of winter, you know how miserably cold it can get in your house in a short period of time. So, like any responsible homeowner, you make the call for emergency heating repair and get help on its way. In the meantime, you still need to stay warm while your home slowly tries to turn into an ice castle around you. When a homeowner calls for heating service, they may not be too overly concerned to do anything about their current situation under the belief that the heating contractor will take care of it anyway. What they don’t realize is that the few minutes can mean all the difference in home comfort. Not doing anything can bring just as many consequences as the system breaking down, and may make conditions in your home even worse. If you allow air leaks in your home to persist, for example, you may lose plenty of heat that could otherwise gone toward keeping your home warm and wind up paying more on heating bills than necessary. Fortunately, it doesn’t have to be this way and you can take action in ensuring you stay warm before the technician arrives.
Calling Gold Star for High-Quality Service
Gold Star Service will be here for you throughout the winter to provide heating service so you’re not stuck in the cold. Our heating contractors are fully trained and licensed to take care of any of your heating needs. If you find yourself experiencing a sudden heating system breakdown, then you can count on our team to be there as soon as possible to fix it. Of course, our service wouldn’t be as spot-on without our unparalleled customer service. We listen to your every word and will answer any burning question you may have on heating. Erven if you feel like your heating problems are too obscure for anyone to fix, we’re guaranteed to go the extra mile in finding the right solution. With our help, you’ll also avoid any further heating loss and instead gear warm air to the places they should be going. Plus, you will stay at a much better peace of mind knowing your family is kept comfortable, even during the roughest winter weather. Guaranteed warmth and relaxation in your home this winter begins with one quick call to Gold Star!
7 Tips to Maintain Heat in Your Home
While you may not be a licensed heating contractor, you can still take a few simple actions to ensure you don’t lose an ounce of heat before a professional arrives to conduct service. Please take note of the following 7 tips:
- Seal Air Leaks in Duct Systems: If there are any air leaks in your duct systems, seal them off. While you should be inspecting your home for ducts before winter begins, you should conduct an inspection now if you have yet to do so. Basements and attics are most likely to experience air leaks, so it’s best
- Keep Candles Handy: Having candles on hand can be beneficial if your heating is out due to a power outage. But they can also be a good choice when it comes to a heating breakdown. They can easily warm your hands and having them nearby puts off some much-needed heat for the space.
- Use Your Fireplace: Candles will help keep you warm, but they can only provide flames so big. If you have a fireplace, definitely make the most of it. Though a fireplace cannot heat your entire home, it can provide ample heat while you’re waiting for help to arrive.
- Close Doors and Windows: When a heating system breaks down, the first thing you want to do is make sure every window and door in your home is tightly shut. This will help you reduce the amount of cold air that comes inside and the heat that is already in your house will last longer.
- Insulate Windows: Putting builder’s plastic or another extra surface up in your windows can prevent cold air from seeping into your home. Even double pane windows do not offer complete protection, so add those extra layers will help keep the cold air out.
- Use the Sun: The sun will prove a great heating source, especially if you experience a breakdown during the day. It can provide the same comfort without any of the additional cost of running the system.
- Wear Protective Layers of Clothing: Dressing warmly is one of the best things you can do if your heating system breaks down. In the event you will need to wait overnight for service, stock up on the extra blankets to ensure you remain warm as you sleep. That will reduce the chances of you getting too cold, and can make your wait to have heat restored much easier to get through.
Schedule A Heating Service Today So You Can Enjoy The Warmth Of Your Home All Winter Long
Contact Gold Star Services today if you want to ensure your home stays warm this winter with our excellent heating service!