Who: Be of good character, hard-working, self-starter, leader, A-player, and eager to learn and grow. Team player, able to grow and coach team members, determined, growth mindset, motivated, and able to work independently. Empathy for the customer, skilled communicator, technically proficient, operationally proficient, and flexible with your schedule. Consistent, accountable, flexible, teachable, coachable, patient, and customer satisfaction driven. If you’re driven to succeed as an HVAC Installer, we’re looking for YOU!
What: The HVAC Installer is responsible for accurately and efficiently installing heating and air equipment in our customers’ homes. HVAC Installers are responsible for running a job from start to finish. Deliver the highest quality products and service. The team at Gold Star trusts you to build a positive relationship with every customer and act professionally in every situation.
Why: To genuinely improve the lives of our customers and their families with the products and services we provide.
The Secret to our Success: We know that work isn’t everything. True fulfillment comes from being successful at work and happy at home. That’s why we help each member of our team achieve their personal and professional goals. Your happiness is good for business.
Every day will be different. Your day could include:
- Installing residential boilers, heating, and air conditioning systems
- Troubleshooting heating (and related) problems
- Presenting findings and options to customers, providing advice as needed/requested
- Completing approved repairs, improvements, or installations within industry standard hours per repair pricing guide
- Ensuring complete customer satisfaction upon completion of work
- Collecting payment for work performed
- Providing customers with information and pricing on service agreements, accessories, and other comfort improvements
- Identifying and suggesting opportunities for quality and cost improvements
- As our resident expert, your knowledge and skills include:
- Excellent customer communications skills
- Ability to install HVAC, furnaces, water heaters, steam equipment, high efficiency gas equipment and air conditioning systems
- Ability to lift and carry 75 to 100 lbs of equipment, water heaters, boilers, heavy piping
- Ability to install all types of piping systems, control wiring, venting and start-up new equipment*
- Experience installing duct work, air to air heat pumps is considered a plus
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving and criminal records as required by state laws for home service companies and by company insurance carrier(s)
- Ability to troubleshoot and provide repairs
- Own your own tools
- Present a neat, clean, professional appearance
- Flexible availability, including weekends and some nights
- Excellent time management skills
- Motivated and able to work independently
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required.
- You love to challenge yourself and want to learn continuously.
- Paid training
- A clearly laid out path (Salary Ladder) to build a life-long career Including paid education and tons of opportunities to advance.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance, Health insurance, Life insurance, Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all inquiries are kept confidential. We Hire Veterans!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 $75,000.00 per year