Problems with your bathroom plumbing in Garden City, NY should be avoided at all costs. Toilet overflows, clogged drains, low water pressure—it all can be incredibly inconvenient and prevent you from being able to live comfortably in your home. You need to take action, and the best way to do that is with a little maintenance.
The team at Gold Star Service can’t stress enough how important it can be to have your bathroom plumbing in Garden City, NY maintained. We’re available at any time to provide service that helps keep your bathroom free of any trouble. In addition, we’ll show you what steps to take to ensure your plumbing system doesn’t provide to be the source of any future headaches.
How Can You Maintain Your Bathroom Plumbing in Garden City, NY?
Maintaining your bathroom plumbing shouldn’t be difficult. In fact, it can be as east as taking these few simple actions:
- Conduct the Food Coloring Test: Test your toilet for leaks by pouring a few drops of food coloring into the toilet bowl. If the water in the bowl changes colors after 15 minutes, it’s a sign you have a leak in your toilet’s ball or flapper and either parts needs to be replacement.
- Pour Hot Water: Drain clogs in any one of your bathroom’s plumbing fixtures can be disastrous, and it’s best you take the steps in avoiding them. One of the easiest ways to prevent clogs is pouring hot water down the drains periodically, which will loosen and wash away any substances stick to the walls of your drains.
- Clean Your Faucet Aerator: The aerator on our faucet can be clogged due to a buildup of lime and sediment, which can prevent water from coming out of your faucet at a high pressure. The aerator can be cleaned with a small brush soaked in vinegar, which will prove a highly effective substance in eliminating any sediment.
- Consider Installing Strainers: Installing strainers in your sink and shower drains will ensure hair and soap scum won’t cause a massive clog. While the strainer itself will become clogged, all you need to do is clean out to ensure it continues to work at its best.
- Turn Down Your Water Heater Temperature: The next time you go take a shower, turn down your water heater temperature by a few degrees. You’ll save up to 5% on your water bills for every 10 degrees it’s decreased. Not only will it save you money, but it will also prevent your water heater from expending more energy.
Contact Gold Star Service if you want to learn more on how you can maintain your bathroom plumbing in Garden City, NY!