Have a Reputation Beyond the Heavens!
Depending on the composition of your water, a water heater lasts between 8 and 10 years. Yours can last even longer if you’re lucky and take good care of it. Whether you need repairs, installation or a water heater replacement, Gold Star will perform the task with efficiency and proficiency because we demand perfection in every job we do.
How do you know when you’re on the brink of water heater repairs? Here are some of the signs:
- Unit Is Noisy. All appliances make some noise. But if your water heater (whether it’s gas or electric) seems especially loud, it might be time to have it checked and potentially repaired. Noises to listen for can be crackling, popping or rumbling sounds.
- Water Heater Is Aging. If your water heater is approaching its 10th birthday (or if it’s even older), it’s time to contact Gold Star. We’ll inspect your equipment and make any hot water heater repairs before they turn into pricey problems.
- No Hot Water. If your water heater isn’t doing its job (giving you hot water), this is an obvious sign something’s amiss. (Unless it’s been super cold outside, this can require your equipment to work harder.) For gas water heaters, a pilot relight might do the trick. If your system is electric, check your circuit breaker. If there isn’t a problem with either of these and you’re shivering in your shower, contact us because it’s time for a water heater repair.
- Water Is Leaking. A leaking water heater is the clearest indication something has gone wrong. Water heaters are not supposed to leak! If you find water around your unit, check around the heater’s connections, fittings and temperature pressure relief valve. If they look OK, you may be due for repairs. In addition to these issues, repairs are probably necessary if your water is discolored or tastes weird or metallic.
- Rusty Water. If you’re experiencing rusty water from your hot tap and or in your bathtub when filling, you’re probably at the point of no return. Conventional tank type water heaters collect sediment buildup, which is unsightly and a breeding ground for bacteria.
Recognize When a Water Heater Replacement Is the Smart Choice
If you catch a problem early enough and call us for regular inspections and maintenance, you and your gas or electric water heater can enjoy a relatively long relationship. But if your equipment is reaching that decade milestone and you’re experiencing issues, a water heater replacement might be in your best interest. There are other reasons why a water heater replacement might be the best option. Maybe your home or business isn’t getting enough water. Maybe the previous homeowner didn’t have a large family, and the hot water tank size was large enough to keep up with their needs—but not yours. We replace and install the most trusted and reliable major brands. We repair, replace and install gas, electric and even the newer, more popular tankless water heaters!