Clogs and blockages are a common plumbing problem for most homeowners. Sometimes they come and go, but if left untreated, its possible that they cause severe damage to your drain and sewer system. Debris can still accumulate, no matter how well maintained your plumbing is! Don’t you want a safe way to remove them? If so, hydro jetting is the solution that you’ve been looking for. Here are some benefits of water jetting in your home:
- It’s effective. Water jetting uses a high-pressure hose to blast water through your plumbing system. This stream washes away buildup and clogs with ease and pushes them through your system.
- It saves you money. Hydro jetting saves you money down the road with early prevention. Clean and clear plumbing helps prevent issues like cracked pipes or leaks in the future.
- It’s clean. Let’s be honest – the stuff building up in your pipes is less than pleasant. Water jetting is fast and effective, which means less time the plumber has contact with the sewage inside your plumbing. Hydro jetting also spares you and your plumber the trouble of digging underground or cutting your walls to access your home’s plumbing.
- It’s environmentally friendly. Hydro jetting is simply water at a high speed! No harsh chemicals or toxins involved at all. It’s safe for your plumbing, as well as wherever the water empties into.
- It’s preventative. Hydro jetting can prevent future plumbing problems for a longer amount of time than other methods. Since plumbers usually do a camera inspection before they water jet your plumbing, they can detect and treat other potential problems before they get worse.
Ways to Prevent Plumbing Problems on Your Own
Hydro jetting is the safest, least destructive way to clear obstructions in your plumbing system. When a Gold Star Service Expert jets your pipes, clogs and blockages won’t stand a chance! Some blockages are inevitable, but here are a few ways to prevent them from happening on your own:
- Keep your garbage disposal happy. It’s a handy kitchen appliance, it can only handle so much food waste. The truth is that most food waste should never go down the disposal in the first place. Avoid flushing down any fats, oils, and greases as they can cool and solidify inside your drain. Starchy foods such as rice and pastas will expand and create a clog-inducing mush inside your plumbing. Eggshells and coffee grounds are also problematic, creating a sand-like consistency inside your drain which can make for a nasty clog.
- Avoid flushing non-waste materials. The only things that should go down your drain are waste and toilet paper, but there are a few items that try to market themselves as flushable.
- Use drain strainers. One easy way to prevent clogs is to start using drain strainers. A drain strainer helps to catch what can easily slip down the drain and cause a clog over time, such as food waste, soap scum, and hair.
Now that you know all the ways that hydro jetting can benefit your plumbing, what are you waiting for? Our Gold Star Service Experts will have your pipes clean and clear in no time.
Call Gold Star Service to schedule water jetting for your plumbing today!