Access to clean drinking water is a luxury that we often take for granted. While some tap water is completely safe for drinking, some can contain contaminants that can lower the quality. Clean water is necessary in your home for drinking, bathing, and cleaning. If you want to be sure that your water is safe, then you should consider a water filter installation. With a whole-home purification system, you can have peace of mind knowing that from the kitchen tap to the backyard sprinkler, your water will be pure and safe.
Types of Tap Water Contaminants
The most obvious sign that there is problem with your tap water is if it smells, tastes, or looks different. Several things can cause these issues – brown water may be rust from your plumbing system or fluoride may affect the taste. Many contaminants, however, show no signs at all. Here are the different types of pollutants that may negatively affect the quality of your tap water:
- Physical. These are the types of contaminants that you may be able to notice. Dirt, sediment, and rust are a few examples. They may end up in your water system due to other water sources nearby, but it’s likely that you will be able to notice them right away.
- Chemical. These elements or compounds, such as bleach, metals, or pesticides to name a few, can easily find their way into your system. Though certain compounds may not be harmful for consumption, it’s best to let a professional assess the condition of your water. Hard water, which is an excess of magnesium or calcium, is an example of chemical contamination.
- Biological. Bacteria, viruses, and parasites all fall under the biological contaminant category. Depending on the type, biological contaminants can cause a range of symptoms in those who ingest it.
Even though some water pollutants are significantly less harmful than others, why would you want to risk it? A home filtration system is the best way to prevent problems or health hazards in your water supply.
Types of Home Filtration
Depending on the type and scale of your water contamination, there are different purification systems that will best be able to meet the needs of you and your home. Here are the most commons home filtration systems available:
- Activated Carbon: It is a common type of water filter installed under the kitchen sink. Carbon filters are used to remove parasites, chemicals, and heavy metals that are present in water.
- Reverse Osmosis: This type of filter is incredibly popular among residential homes because it can remove all sorts of contaminants that can be a danger to your health, as well as making sure your water is clean, clear, and odor free.
- UV Filters: Takes water purification to a high level, by use of an ultraviolet lamp to kill germs within the water. Typically, it will destroy about 99.9% of germs found in the water.
How Gold Star Service Can Help
To protect your water quality, we offer a range of Novo Water Filtration Systems. These filtration systems are made of the highest quality materials for maximum efficiency in protecting your water supply. Give us a call if you have any questions about home filtration.
Are you ready to protect your water quality? Call Gold Star Service today and ask about a home water purification system installation. We’re ready to help!